From: Joseph Heaton [mailto:jhea...@dfg.ca.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 17:13
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: BES install question

Ok, so in our AD structure, all our normal users would be under one OU, and
various sub-OUs.  But, our domain admin users are located in a different OU.
Is it possible to run this command twice, to include the different OUs?  Or
do I have to have all accounts under the one?

>>> Charlie Kaiser <charl...@golden-eagle.org> 9/15/2010 1:54 PM >>>
Actually, it's more the other way around; it's providing the BESAdmin
account with rights to send as users in the OU. For example, in section A:
you're adding an inherited perm to user accounts below the OU level. You're
allowing BESAdmin to send as any account in that OU. PS: You spelled
identity wrong (indentity).
Section B is providing the same rights but to a specific CN, so BESAdmin
could send as whatever account you specify in CN=.

So you'd want to set the OU in section A to the full DN of the OU where your
blackberry users reside. Let's hope it's a true OU and not a container for
various reasons. So let's say you had an OU named employees where all your
users reside and it's in yourdomain.local. Here's what you'd need:

Add-ADPermission -InheritedObjectType User - InheritanceType Descendents
-ExtendedRights Send-As -User "BESAdmin" -Identity
"OU=employees,DC=yourdomain,DC=local"

The BESAdmin account needs that right to be able to do its job within the
mailboxes.

Hope that helps.

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org