OpenDNS is a Cadillac Escalade, ClearCloud DNS is a Porsche.

Ok, that's the hyperbole.  But it's apt.

I like OpenDNS.  I have used the service, and we are very good friends with the
principals over there.

But OpenDNS is a very sophisticated system that includes content filtering.
ClearCloud is just focused on malware sites.

OpenDNS does not block malware sites, instead requiring an additional fee:

https://www.opendns.com/start/

Users of both products who have been testing it indicate that they prefer
ClearCloud because:

-          It is very simple - just enter the IP number and go.  Unlike
OpenDNS, we don't care where you IP originated from (for configuration
management), so we don't have to worry about updating dynamic DNS, etc.

-          It's quite a bit faster.  OpenDNS does a lot of incredible things,
but these come at a performance cost.
OpenDNS is a company setup to make money on DNS. We aren't.  For us, the DNS
portion of ClearCloud is only one part of the equation.  ClearCloud is actually
the DNS infrastructure which will provide a major part of our future
cloud-services model.  So it pops off the work we're already doing. That's not
to say we won't try and figure out a way to make some money off of it at some
point (maybe by charging business a small fee for it at some point in the
future), but it's not our primary focus.

But simply: If you're not worried about content filtering (which has its
limitations anyway in DNS, since you can only block a domain, not a full URL),
then ClearCloud is better. If you want content filtering, use OpenDNS.

Alex