Well said as usual ASB.  I will add that since Microsoft has continued to
improve their out of the box OS security attackers have been focusing more
on 3rd party applications.  "Hi Adobe!"  Minimizing potential attack vectors
should be job #1 for anyone responsible for security in their organization.

By all means, if a business case exists, load those apps where needed.

-Jeff Steward