From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 10:04 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Cheap/Free POP3/SMTP Server?

We have a few dozen domains that are non-critical that I don't want to host on
our internal Exchange system (mostly political some technical reasons i.e. I
don't want some of the users anywhere near my LAN).

Most of them only have the need for abuse@ and postmaster@ to be configured,
but a few of the domains have some aliases setup and a couple of them have some
POP3 mailboxes.

I've tried hmailserver and mailenable on one of our DMZ boxes and each does the
job whilst each has its quirks (I'm leaning towards hmailserver right now).

Any suggestions on anything else that is cheap/free and easy to configure?

MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 114 5409 96

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.

or send an email to