From: Steven M. Caesare [mailto:scaes...@caesare.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:20 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Intel wants to charge to unlock features already on your CPU

1) It's be great if you actually answered the question. I deliberately made is
simple and singular in order to make a point.

2) Your analogies serve to contradict: an auto sales person will do everything
in their power to upsell you options, particularly at the time of purchase.
When you return for service, they try again ("Would you like the regular oil or
the slick new Synthetic with the Incredion additive?"). What makes you think
the same Best Buy sales droid that tries to push the $75 HDMI cables on the
poor sap who just bought a flatscreen is at the same time going to fail to
mention a CPU upgrade?

3) Your argument seems to have shifted from being indignant over "owning"
hardware you haven't paid to activate to one of fearing that the upgrade
capability won't be effectively communicated to end uses. Does this indicate a
change in your previous thoughts on the matter?

-sc