From: Jeff Steward [mailto:jstew...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:48 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: SAN question

I'm bored, I'll bite.

Like others here, I'm not convinced you even need a SAN or even NAS.  You can
probably make use of DAS.

To even begin to make an attempt to give you more guidance we need:

How many users will be hitting the file server.
What type of file i/o are we talking about? Have you benchmarked your current
performance?  How much storage do you currently have and how much do you think
you will need to meet anticipated growth over the next 24 to 36 months.

If you move to providing in-house Exchange, how many users will you be hosting?
 How many are heavy duty users versus light duty?

That's a start, answers to those questions will help us help you further.

-Jeff Steward
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:16 AM, John Aldrich