From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Consultants

I got a call from an IBM reseller in the region wanting to sell me a SAN. I
advised that I had decided to step back and look for a consultant to help me
figure out what my needs are. At that point the sales droid advised that
they were also consultants. My first instinct is to tell them to go jump, as
it seems like it would be a huge conflict of interest and they are probably
going to tell me I need to buy a SAN, specifically an IBM SAN.

What is the opinion of you folks on the list about hiring consultants? Do
you worry about conflict of interest such as this or do you just hire
someone? I'm tempted to just hire one of the fellow list members (assuming I
can get authorization) who offered their services, as they seem to be *just*
D/R consultants and are not going to have an axe to grind.