On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 9:37 AM, James Rankin <kz2...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Why I'm not in the business of tendering for projects like this, I may never
> know.

  I know that feeling.

  Circa 2003, my role was contracted IT consultant, i.e., IT whore.
I'm no special expert.  I've never been to a formal class on anything
Microsoft.  I'm just a guy who's read the manual and a few third-party
books.  Working for what is basically a local 4-man IT whorehouse .
One of our clients got bought out by a large multinational
conglomerate.  I'm there to support the integration.  Meeting with
their IT staff, including their "Director of Technologies" and the guy
who designs and admins their AD.  I quickly find myself explaining
concepts such as Organizational Units to them.

-- Ben