From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:29 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Windows 2008 password policies

Tender away :)

But tendering is full of risk. You could be undercut by some other outfit that
can talk-the-talk, but can't deliver. Which leaves you with nothing, and drives
you to bidding for deals that you don't understand at low cost. :)

Coming from a "re-assuring expensive consulting" background, do not confuse
sales and delivery :)

Also, be aware of chewing off more than you swallow. As deals get larger they
get much more complex than you can ever imagine. There's a few people with
enterprise experience here - maybe they can chime in. For myself, I've been
doing the enterprise-y stuff for 7 years now (10K+ seats), just in the
Microsoft (and 3rd party add-ons) space and there are always new quirks with
customer requirements, setup etc.

Cheers
Ken