Another $.02
Don't we all make time for the list emails? Not a whole lot different then
blocking out time for reading/professional dev. IMO these discussions/issues
are a huge part of the research etc that we do....from opions to testing to
gotchas, etc etc etc...the list goes on.

Having said that, I much prefer a book or mag than reading online.

Cheers!
Cameron