I would suggest getting rid of Windows 2000 as the starting point.

Microsoft Web Platform Installer can then be used to get a number of
different possibilities depending on what you want.  If you are just
'blogging', then Wordpress is the hands down winner and you can even use th
eMS write tool from live.com suite to post to it.  If you are wanting more,
then that answer is more complicated.  For a CMS I use Drupal myself but it
has a slight learning curve.  That said, you really don't want to be
installing php on Windows 2000 IIS5.  You really don't.  Get a supported OS.

http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/featured.aspx

Steven