I think the jest of the KB article is that it is caused by your
firewall, I know that I am running a Cisco ASA and there are DNS filters by
default.  I'm going to check those out now.

From: VIPCS [mailto:vi...@stny.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:23 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: 2K8R2 DNS anomaly

Jeffrey just tried an nslookup query (results below) on two WS2K8 servers (one
is R2) on two different networks and both resolved (both are DCs with DNS
installed):

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www.insead.edu<http://www.insead.edu>
Address:  213.182.38.52

Is it possible an upstream DNS forwarder is blocking access?

Sincerely,

Jeffrey and Mary Jane Harris

VIPCS