From:   "Michael B. Smith" <mich...@smithcons.com>
To:     "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Date:   01/14/2011 04:44 PM
Subject:        RE: So...our data centre is under water

Yes.

But your first step is to seize the FSMO roles on an existing group
catalog server, and then delete the old servers from AD.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498

Then you can build a new 2008 R2 server. You WILL have to extend the
schema, but you don’t have to update the forest or domain functional
levels.

My thoughts are with you. Good luck!

Regards,

Michael B. Smith