From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@smithcons.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:06 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: DHCP reservations explained...

Automate, automate, automate.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

Consultant and Exchange MVP

http://TheEssentialExchange.com

From: Erik Goldoff [mailto:egold...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:03 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

I *would* recommend having a proper host file available but not in
production.  Personally I’d use it only if name resolution dies, but if I
had a host file on every computer then the chance of some system somewhere
not having the most current increases, and the chance of lesser trained
staff copying an older version to a new box instead of the ‘master’ current
version increases.  {don’t ask how I know}

Erik Goldoff

IT  Consultant

Systems, Networks, & Security

'  Security is an ongoing process, not a one time event ! '