From: Phil Hershey [mailto:phers...@agia.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 11:52 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: 2003 R2 32-bit Std Edition Memory

Is the limit for the 32-bit OS 32 GB on x64 processors with PAE enabled?  (Been
too long since I had to think about this.)

We have internal applications that have been moved from an old Server 2000
system with SQL 2000 to a brand new HP G7 server with Server 2003 R2 32-bit
(application won't run on 64-bit OS or Server 2008).  Now that it's on the new
hardware, OS and SQL 2005, the queries are super slow and timing out.

Can you upgrade in place from Std Edition to Enterprise?

Any ideas?  :)

or send an email to