From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:ezi...@lifespan.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:47 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: 2003 R2 32-bit Std Edition Memory

On SQL 2005? I know you can go for SQL 2008 Standard to Enterprise, In
place.

I do agree with slow queries are probably inefficient queries, Table
scans, etc etc. Usually some work with Profiler, and Best practice
analyzer, and looking at query plans for the batches that are sent to
the server, are in order, before upgrading in to Enterprise Edition.

Also DBCC MemoryStatus will tell you about what the memory specified on
the server is doing.

But I believe 4GB is the limit on 32bit Standard R2 edition, which is
why we always did Enterprise Edition R2 (32bit) with SQL 2005 Standard
and Enterprise, so we could go up to 32GB of RAM.

Also you don't need to use PAE switch on X64bit systems.

Edward E. Ziots

CISSP, Network +, Security +

Network Engineer

Lifespan Organization