From: Jay Dale [mailto:jd...@unetek.com]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 09:14
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Hyper-V NIC utilization

Hey all,

I am setting up a new Hyper-V server for a company where I am P2V'ing 3 of
their physical servers.  Currently I want to just set up one virtual
network, and if they add servers down the road I will add another.  The
physical host machine comes with 4 NIC's.  My questions are these:

1.      Should I utilize all 4 NIC's on one virtual network, or use only 1
or 2 of them and leave the rest disconnected?

2.      I'm attaching the host to their domain, should I have all the NIC's
utilize static IP's or just one static with one IP and let the rest have
DHCP addresses?

3.      When I attempt to configure 2 NIC's with static IP's, I get the
"multiple gateways" message - is that a bad thing or disregard it?

Thanks for any advice you can pass on!

Jay

Jay Dale

Senior Systems Administrator

Unetek, Inc.

Mobile: 832.373.7883

Email:jd...@unetek.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attached files, may
contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail and
attachments, if any, or the information contained herein, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive
information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and delete all copies of this message.