We had many talks with Gartner.  All I can say is that they didn't seem to
understand that we don't want to add 1,000 endless features to make the
"feature checkbox" game.   We will continue to impress upon them that we never
want to be like anyone else.   Gartner does not actually use the products they
evaluate.  They watch a Powerpoint presentation by the vendor.

When I went out to design VIPRE with our team, our philosophy was "less is
better" - in other words, we wanted to design a Porsche, vs. an SUV.  In
talking to admins, we found that the biggest headache was performance.  Well,
the reality is, you add all kinds of cute toys to your Porsche, it's going to
turn into a pig.

I'm going to be parsimonious with whatever features we add to VIPRE.  Gartner
dinged us because we didn't have things like a Wifi mode (whatever that is) and
USB device protection.  True, we don't.  Personally, I feel that a lot of what
they wanted from the product would be better found elsewhere (much of it for
free through GPO) or through dedicated point products.   Nevertheless, we will
continue adding pieces of functionality as it make sense, but I am far more in
favor of continuing to refine what we have.  I get much more concerned about
the quality of malware detection, the usability of the console, intrusiveness
of agents, and many other things that are part-and-parcel to what an admin has
to deal with, rather than adding additional features.  Believe me, it's enough
just to make sure you have the basics right...

But yes, we could do a better job getting more reviews and more analysts
covering us, and now that GFI owns us, this is starting to happen (because
money really helps).

Alex