Yes.  We had Trend OfficeScan previously and I felt we were getting too
much sneaking past it.

I looked at several products and Avira came out best for us.  It's very
light and these days we virtually never have to run "cleanups" on PC's
(though to be entirely fair I use good URL filtering so that people
don't get to infected sites to start with).  They also release updates
very frequently i.e. hourly most days.

The management console can be a learning curve and IMO is the one thing
that doesn't give a good first impression - stick with it and it works
well though.

I can only suggest try it - I know when I trialled various products
there were a few that I went into thinking "this must be good because of
their reputation" only for the problems to start manifesting themselves
after a few minutes/hours/days.

Paul