We experienced the exact same issue and only with Office 2010 32-bit (Outlook,
Project and PowerPoint). We are running Windows 7 x64 on Dell Latitude E6510's
with a Broadcom Bluetooth adapter. Most up-to-date drivers, patches, etc.
We have 75 computers running on the same hardware and same drivers (same system
image) with Office 2007 but only the 13 users who are on Office 2010 32-bit are
experiencing issues reliably.
I don't know the logic (be it the driver or Office) but the addon 'Send to
Bluetooth' was present in the problem applications and disabling that one addon
resolves the issue.
The addon references a DLL written by Broadcom and I've been disabling this
addon as part of our Office 2010 rollout.
Use of the addon functionality is not required, just that it be loaded on
startup for the Office application.

The most reproducible scenarios were on application exit after opening some
documents and using 'Send using Email' broke every time. I only ever noticed it
on older document formats but I didn't keep a strict tally to say definitively.

The common issues were:

*         Crash on application exit (Excel, PowerPoint, Project)

*         Crash on application startup (PowerPoint)

*         Crash during use (Outlook)

*         When the "Send using Email" option was used from Word or Excel the
Outlook Compose window would be left in an inconsistent state after composing
the message and clicking the Send button

o   The window did not close automatically after sending

o   Clicking send again would cause the window to be closed automatically but
would also send a second message

o   Some tabs on the ribbon would change names or become empty while the window
after clicking send the first time

o   The window appears to shift between a Compose view and the view seen when
you open a message in a window (not viewing it in the reading pane) after
clicking send the first time.

I did not notice or look to see if the issues occurred more or less frequently
when the actual Bluetooth hardware was disabled as this isn't something we plan
to control for all of our users (aka disabling this hardware vs. disabling this
addon we didn't ask for). We've had sporadic issues with this addon in the past
but nothing frequent enough to warrant an investigation.

I've got a vbscript and kix script disabling these. If anyone needs them hit me
up off list.

Good luck,
Joe Tinney