I generally concur, with one exception.  I would recommend staying away from
Vostro's entirely.  My experience with them is that they do not hold up over
a three year lifespan to the same degree Latitudes do.  If you do decide to
mix Vostros in, I would definitely take Ken's advice and budget for early
replacement.