Agree with others comments about the Vostros. They have caused me
issues, but the Latitudes are rock solid.

Mark

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:38 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Laptop confusion

Hi Folks,

We are purchasing a number of laptops are part of a project here.  Most
of these laptops will be replacing current desktops.  Some will be for
our "nomadic" users who work in schools, hospitals, and so on.

Up to now we've purchased ThinkPad laptops, but I'm looking around.
We've been satisfied with our Dell desktops, so I'm looking at Dell
laptops.  My Dell rep suggested a Latitude with docking station for my
staff with desks, and a Vostro for the remote users.   Remote users
access our systems via XenApp, so I don't need anything powerful on
their end.  I'm having a bit of trouble comparing these to the Lenovo
units, though.  I think the Vostro would be about the same as a SL510
series or around that.  The Latitude would be like a T series Lenovo.  I
can match memory and screen size and most features, but processor core
isn't always a direct match.

Suggestions?  Really for us, best price wins, but I want to compare
apples to apples, as it were.  Anyone compare these two brands?  Am I
off on the models here?

Thanks,

Tom

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.