Agreed, fair points.  Back in the 90s they were at the top of their game, but
these days, their b2b strategy is questionable.  Certainly for personal use I
would consider one.

From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:39 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Laptop confusion

Toshiba doesn't work in an enterprise environment.
Build quality varies depending on the series (Tecra, Satellite etc). Warranty
service varies between countries (RTB, Onsite etc). A lot of the utilities that
they bundle in can't be deployed using automated methods, because they require
manual intervention. Also, the actual order of installing all the utilities is
a PITA. And most of the utilities are just an overhead on the machine - the
functionality is already built into Windows.
Worked on many accounts that have Toshibas as the platform, plus owned a lot of
Toshiba tablet PCs (in the day, they were the only serious TabletPC vendor)