Servers R1 and R2 have been up for months, but until recently access from
subnet B was not tested.

I added IP address 192.168.2.142 and it gives the same results.

So I move 192.168.2.142 to (working) server R3 and nMap says. . .

Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-04-25 12:53 Central Daylight
Time

Nmap scan report for 192.168.2.142
Host is up (0.0097s latency).
PORT     STATE  SERVICE
137/tcp  closed netbios-ns
138/tcp  closed netbios-dgm
139/tcp  closed netbios-ssn
445/tcp  open   microsoft-ds
1433/tcp open   ms-sql-s

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.53 seconds

The problem occurs ONLY on R1 and R2, even with a different IP

So, I am missing how this can be on the router?

Thanks!