Are you sure this is an OS issue and not something having to do with routers
or switches or firewalls in between the devices?

Have you considered running nMap against those two "problem" machines from
another system on their own subnet (and even from the machines themselves)
in order to isolate where the problem is coming from?

Also, look at the routing table on the machines in question and see how it
differs from the machines that work.  (Even if it appears to work via PING,
it could be different)

I'd do all of these *before* I bothered with a reinstall...

*ASB *(Professional Bio <http://about.me/Andrew.S.Baker/bio>)
 *Harnessing the Advantages of Technology for the SMB market...

 *