Do you find View any good? I ran a trial of it and was very disappointed.

Our remote access is done via Citrix. We have Citrix Receiver (aka Citrix
Client) for Windows, Windows Mobile, Iphone, Ipad, Blackberry, Android,
Samsung Galaxy, various flavours of thin clients, Macs and Linux systems. We
are just working on configuring a Merchandising Server with the Access
Gateway to try and provide updates to clients connecting from outside the
network, but this is proving to be the tricky bit. Users hook up to their
virtual desktop or XenApp session or app list through the receiver and the
"self-service" plugin, and can then customise the appearance of their
application shortcuts. The large array of consumer devices we can try and
offer support to is proving quite popular with the "BYOC" generation. Not
sure how much of a security exposure this gives us however.

On 12 May 2011 14:10, N Parr <npar...@mortonind.com> wrote:

>  We are planning on expanding our View environment to allow users to
> connect from outside the corporate network.  We put it in place last year as
> a remote access solution for a warehouse with a slow DSL connection and 3-4
> pc's.  Our SQL based ERP worked ok over the DSL but it was rather slow.
> Since we already had the Virtual environment, and staff knowledgeable about
> Vmware, we bought the View starter package for 2k and were up in running in
> a day.  There is now an official VMware View client for the ipad and I'm
> told one in beta for Android.  We are going to set up the View connection
> Broker in a DMZ which will allow users to connect right to their View (or
> physical) desktop without first having to create any kind of VPN
> connection.  And they will be able to pick their device of choice in the
> near future to do so.
>
>  ------------------------------

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."

*IMPORTANT: The information in this email is CONFIDENTIAL. If its contents
are disclosed in any way my lawyers will swoop down from black helicopters
like Seal Team Six and drag you away with a black bag over your head. They
will then take you to a secret prison and make you fight to the death with
other people who dared to share this email. You will be given a large bowie
knife and a supply of methamphetamines while I watch the said deathmatch and
wager vast sums of money on who will be the winner. If the fight becomes
boring or there is a stalemate, I will release rabid dogs and my two-stone
cat into the arena to liven things up a bit. If these animals become in any
way docile, I will squirt them with water pistols until they become a bit
more temperamental.*