In Vipre's control panel, if you go to the properties of the policy, then go
down under Agent to Communication, there is a place to disable Windows
Defender, and to incorporate Vipre into the Windows Security Center.  That
might solve at least some of your problems.

David

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Level 5 Lists <li...@levelfive.us> wrote:

> We have vipre rolled out at one of our clients, its working okay, but we
> recently had to turn it from medium to low because it was severly hampering
> internet browsing. What we also found was that MS Anti-Malware was running
> on several computers and even though security center is reporting vipre is
> in control if I turn off the MS product and goto Action Center and change
> the settings Im still getting  popups on the desktops stating your system is
> not protected click Start Now …
>

> We are 2008r2 domain with all Win7 pro desktops. Im going to see if I can
> deploy a GPO to handle disabling MS Malware , should be easy enough but not
> positive about the security center warning pop ups ..
>

> This just started happening within the past 2 weeks, possibly a viper
> update issue? I know we had some issues with one of the versions but thought
> we moved past that already…

> To manage subscriptions click here:

David

*"The right to be let alone – the most comprehensive of rights and the right
most valued by civilized men."*

– Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis, Olmstead v. U.S., 277 U.S. 438
(1928)