Hi Johnathan & all,

Sorry - been a busy one today.

Based on what we all have found, this has been working quite well as long as
the temps have not been emptied out:

If the rogue is still running & nothing is seeing it normally it will be
found: (where random.exe is a random name executable) Normally 2 of them.

XP:

C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\random.exe

Vista\Windows7:

C:\programdata\random.exe

One will be a random set of numbers & the other will be a random set of
upper/lower letters.

Taskkill /im filename /f

Works well then rename the extensions so they don't load again or delete
files.

This should get most if not all the shortcuts back and unhide everything it
hid. (it will also end up unhiding windows patch install directories &
application data folders)

http://supportforums.sunbeltsoftware.com/messageview.aspx?catid=76
<http://supportforums.sunbeltsoftware.com/messageview.aspx?catid=76&threadid
=7944&enterthread=y> &threadid=7944&enterthread=y

There will be some additional registry stuff that needs fixing to repair
some IE settings that can leave the system vulnerable to getting hit again.

Additional info here: (reg/file info at bottom of page)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-recovery

Regards,

Tammy

  _____