Greetings!

We have been directed to have all our workstations named with a department
code, a location (State) code, and the Dell (mostly) service tag number...

There is a script which will tell us, in AD, who the last person is to
have logged into that machine.

PROBLEM:

1. In the summer, we have like 18 student workers.  They must find an
unoccupied desk.  If the "owner" of that desk comes in, they must move.
They have no assigned desk.  (A single user may need to move 3 times
during a single shift.)

2. SO, in my phone system console, or in my VIPRE console, I see that the
machine named [gibberish] has had some sort of issue with the VoIP system,
or that there is a malware infection (and we may need to boot into
SafeMode to do a re-scan).

3. We see a temp worker was the last person to log into that
workstation...

HOW or WHAT might we use so that we can figure out which of the 60 or so
desks actually has the machine name in question?

Those who had us change our naming convention (and they have more users
than to we) are in a situation where desktop systems are not shared.  We
do not have this luxury.  The other location is finally beginning to
understand our complaints.

SO, is there some sort of utility, etc that would enable us to find the
machine "[gibberish]", where "Fred Temp" was the last person logged in?
I'd settle for a button that would make that machine start beeping, if
nothing else.

Thanks!
--
Richard D. McClary
Jr Infrastructure Architect, Information Technology Group

richardmccl...@aspca.org

P: 217-337-9761
C: 217-417-1182
F: 217-337-9761
www.aspca.org

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is
from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA
®) and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this
e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by reply email
and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout thereof.