One of my former co-workers asked me to look at his computer awhile back. I
cleaned a piece of malware off it and he was happy. A few weeks back he
called me and said it was acting strange again, so i took a look at it and
ran the usual tests (malware bytes, Vipre Rescue) and nothing was found. I
ran the "autoruns" and found a few "suspicious" or unnecessary things at
startup so I disabled those.

The computer in question is a few years old Dell running XP Media Center.
It has Vipre Home Premium on it. This afternoon I ran TDSSKiller on it and
*that* didn't find anything.

The main symptoms are just general sluggishness opening *any* app and
severe sluggishness on the internet. The internet *could* be the ISP. He's
getting about 2.5 mb/sec down and should be getting at least 10, from what
I've been told.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on any other utilities
I could try or any other suggestions?
--
Thanks,
John Aldrich