Back the profile up to a external drive scan it from a clean machine. fdisk
/mbr and format the drive, do a clean install and updates and antivirus updated
then restore the data. Only then can you be sure that you didn't miss something
and ask for repeat work.

jason
One of my former co-workers asked me to look at his computer awhile back. I
cleaned a piece of malware off it and he was happy. A few weeks back he
called me and said it was acting strange again, so i took a look at it and
ran the usual tests (malware bytes, Vipre Rescue) and nothing was found. I
ran the "autoruns" and found a few "suspicious" or unnecessary things at
startup so I disabled those.

The computer in question is a few years old Dell running XP Media Center.
It has Vipre Home Premium on it. This afternoon I ran TDSSKiller on it and
*that* didn't find anything.

The main symptoms are just general sluggishness opening *any* app and
severe sluggishness on the internet. The internet *could* be the ISP. He's
getting about 2.5 mb/sec down and should be getting at least 10, from what
I've been told.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on any other utilities
I could try or any other suggestions?
--
Thanks,
John Aldrich