From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 8:10 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Citrix/RDP Alternatives?

We have a few in-house Windows applications that are pretty heavy on bandwidth
so aren't easy to run/provision over a VPN.

Are there any options out there that work off concurrent use rather than named
user or device?

Seems that the likes of Citrix or Ericom still rely on having a Terminal
Services box underneath as does (obviously) Remote App.

One option, and it's not something I have experience of, may be a pool of
virtual desktops?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Paul
MIRA Ltd

Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0TU, England
Registered in England and Wales No. 402570
VAT Registration  GB 100 1464 84

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are solely for the use of the
intended recipient.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify us either by e-mail, telephone or fax.  You should not copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the e-mail as this is prohibited.

or send an email to