-----Original Message-----
From: "N Parr" <npar...@mortonind.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 12:46:33
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: RE: Citrix/RDP Alternatives?

Not dumb,  VMware has plenty of papers and recorded webex demo's.  You
only create one template machine, or you can have multiple with
different configs assigned to different pools.  Then shut it down, snap
it and assign the snap to the pool.  Choose persistent or non-persistent
clones based on your need and they are automatically cloned, sysprepped
and added to the domain OU of your choice.  When you need to update you
turn on the template, update, re-snap and tell the pool to use the new
snap.
The reason we decided to go with View over Citrix, TS, etc is because we
are already virtualized and had the capacity.  And our ERP system was
data intensive and to slow moving data over remote VPN's.  2k for a 10
pack of starter licenses and literally 4 hours later I had users logging
in and using view.  I have yet to have someone tell me they set up any
similar solution with little to no experience in that time frame and
cost.