I see lots of View in use at my Enterprise level clients.  As bookends on
their bookshelves! J

VMware literally gave away thousands of free copies/licenses to enterprise
customers.  For LAN use, View and PCoIP is good.  For WAN use, not so much.
That is where XenDesktop shines.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a XenDesktop person.  The infrastructure needed to
provide 1,000 virtual desktops is huge compared to providing 1,000 hosted
desktops with XenApp.

Disclaimer #2: I am a self-professed Citrix bigot.

Thanks

Carl Webster

Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional

 <http://www.CarlWebster.com> http://www.CarlWebster.com (check out the
changes coming to my website)

From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Subject: RE: Citrix/RDP Alternatives?

Thanks, that sounds like sufficient to encourage me to give it a try - I'm
sure all the info is on the vmware website but it's a little too much
marketing bull and TCO/ROI at a glance vs. the basic "How do I do it?".

We're already a vSphere shop and capacity shouldn't be an issue so it makes
sense IMO to look at View before XenDesktop, plus it appears we have a View
3.x starter bundle licensed already as some kind of promo from where we went
to ESX.  They aren't under maintenance but I'd assume that could be
reinstated more cheaply than any alternative.

Final minor question, from what I can see you can run View on your existing
vSphere hosts - do your VDI desktops show in the main vCenter or is it all
"encapsulated" within the View management server so it's kind of out of
sight?