Rather than run a business phone line (read expensive) into my wife's
office, she has a VoIP adapter and a regular cordless phone, and uses a
service from acanac.ca.  $120 for the year is a whole lot cheaper than what
the local Telco wants for a business line.  Not sure what their offerings in
the US are like though.

Andrew.