Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of your feedback. I wanted to jump on this thread and clarify a few things.

First up, it was never our intention to close down the mailing lists on Monday 9th. This isn’t going to happen, so please don’t feel like you need to jump ship to keep talking to one another, it’s really never what we wanted. We don’t want to fragment this community any more than you do. We hope that over time you might see some value in the new developments we’re making, but it’s also okay if you don’t.

Next one, our goal with making this change was to create a better place for us to interact with you, and you with each other, where in the short term we can be more responsive to you and in the future we can offer you better levels of support by creating custom groups, areas for tracking bugs, rating priorities and collaborating with us. We can’t do this with the current mailing list system and our intent is to give you this new system as the first stage of a longer term plan to make communication more open. Overall making it even easier to listen to you.

A few more clarifications - As Emma said, we’ve made changes to the way our existing community works to make sure anyone who wants to move can easily follow threads and posts via email, as we knew you would want to continue to do this. We hope that these changes mean the experience is as familiar as possible for you in the short term and then long term it will allow us to offer you much more than we can currently deliver through the mailing lists alone.

The first stage of the new community will go live on Monday and we’d really love for you to start using it and letting us know what you think. We’ve had great feedback from the MODO side on this forum which has helped with some of the planning, but we’re keen to keep receiving your feedback.

Cheers,

Sean Brice
Nuke Product Manager