Thanks Sean and congrats to Juan.

I'm glad that there seems to be a renewed focus on Studio, competition in this
space can only be good.

Juan I know we have spoken several times about the performance (mostly the lack
of) of NS, however after a rather extensive review of our pipeline and a major
adjustment to the way we work here I can confidently say that things are
significantly better. One of the main reasons for this is the abandonment of
the rushes after we conform. As soon as our conform is locked (admittedly not
done in NS) we write out 70 odd thousand dpx frames and consider this our
master, and work is performed on this only. Our SAN can quite happily serve
realtime HD playback this way. This is in contrast to other software, which is
happy to playback prores rushes all day.

My major issues (this week!) currently are:

-Stability. I really cannot tell what has been improved here. Doing relatively
light work across many shots, I'm getting several crashes per day. There
doesn't seem to be a single cause, any action can seemingly cause it. It's at
the point where I'm going to suggest we reimage the machine. If Nuke wasn't so
good at saving as it goes I would have thrown the towel in long ago.
Furthermore there are still situations when on relatively light scripts NS will
completely hang for minutes at a time, soaking up CPU time but doing very
little. NS win64 10.0v3

-Dual monitor performance. Working with 2 monitors and switching between
timeline and compositing environments is an issue I feel needs significant
improvement. It is unpredictable, often spawning additional viewer windows
despite a tabbed one existing. Hotkeys do not function unless you have the
correct window in focus.

-Rotopaint/Roto. There is still a bug which causes tools to stop responding.
Select the paint tool and all your cursor does is draw a selection box. I don't
know how to make it happen, but fixing it requires closing and opening Nuke. I
believe this has existed since Nuke 8. I'm not sure why this is still a problem.

Charlie

On 27 Jul 2016, at 7:04 pm, Juan Salazar