Yeah, "ball of hurt" is putting it gently.
It feels like Russian Roulette.
After making micro progress on some shot, I just started another mini-comp which seemed to render fine until, well, it didn't. All of a sudden I get these in the error console and it won't stop (I guess it's an improvement that I'm actually getting an error this time). Same set up as before. All I am doing is creating comp reading in a png and putting it on top of the plate.
No custom colour space setting, nothing.
Every time I start a new shot it's like a lucky dip from a bag of random behaviour.

Bugger the beer, I'm going straight to the whiskey now...

WARNING: Could not find value "" for "in_colorspace". It will be appended to the menu list.

ERROR: timeline_16: Input color space index (19) out of range.

ERROR: File is not ready

ERROR: File is not ready

ERROR: File is not ready

ERROR: File is not ready