The LogC is the same, and you can use a “standard LogC to Rec709 LUT” from the
ARRI website to match the traditional ALEXA look.

Perhaps that’s enough of an answer for you right now. But for those of you that
are interested in the general question of LogC from the AMIRA…

…there is a much more flexible color processing architecture built into the
AMIRA, the ALEXA MINI and the ALEXA SXT. In the AMIRA, the user has the option
of either extensively tweaking the standard processing, or loading in a 3D LUT
generated in another package (say, Resolve of Baselight) and this 3D LUT will
be carried in the .mov file as metadata. ASC CDL is also applied differently to
LogC data for those more recent cameras — bowing to Hollywood tradition, on the
AMIRA, MINI and SXT it’s the LogC data that gets modified by the ASC CDL
values, not the display-ready video values (as is the case with older ALEXA
models).

There is not currently a command-line tool to extract these 3D LUTs directly in
a form that Nuke understands. There is a command to extract the 3D LUT as a
.aml file, and there is a GUI tool (the ARRI Color Tool) that can be used to
convert the .aml file into a variety of 3D LUT formats that Nuke understands,
but it’s not scriptable.

To download the ARRI Color Tool, or to read more about it, you can look here:
http://www.arri.com/camera/alexa/tools/arri_color_tool/

To learn more about metadata extraction (including pulling out the look file)
you can look here:
http://www.arri.com/camera/alexa/tools/arri_meta_extract/

I haven’t seen many features use this flexibility to date; many of them are
grading downstream and as Michael points out, LogC is LogC wherever. But as you
are on an AMIRA show, you should probably check to see if any in-camera grading
was done or any custom looks were loaded.

Best—
—joseph

On Oct 28, 2016, at 10:46 AM, Michael Garrett