Oh yeah, it's a drag. From memory what I think I did was I set up the
procedural file path using the tokens in the export template. I had to
manually go into the comp and render any quicktimes for dailies, from the
rendered exr's, with my custom Write node which would have some TCL in the
File knob like you are doing. I found having multiple Write outputs in the
export template didn't do what you *think* it should do, when it came to
things like versioning. Like, it would break and get out of sync.