Hey Lucien

Agreed - theres something weird done to the plates that I’m unable to solve my
end.

I can reverse out everything neatly the way i have it  - but its messy and i
don’t want to cause problems down the road -

I’ve settled to just using the standard colorspace node: in set to AlexaLogC  -
and out to Linear -
Primaries untouched at sRGB setting
Also using an add at top in log space to offset negatives.

I’m not bothering with ACES - shame -  mainly because if I use an OCIO
colorspace node alone, with these plates,
I have to offset ALOT before the negatives disappear - and I find it unusable
to work with it like that - such as pushing skin tones 2 stops to high etc.

Thanks for all the help and pointers

i love working with ACES, but the plates have to be treated correctly :)

Neil Rögnvaldr Scholes

Director | VFX Supervisor

www.neilscholes.com <http://www.neilscholes.com/>

+44 (0) 7977 456 197