Hi Chuck,

Is there a rough expected landing time for NumPy 2.0?

Also does the branching mean that the intention/guarantee is not to
make further incompatible changes?

SymPy's current master branch is compatible with the current NumPy
master branch but SymPy's last release is not and will not be
compatible with NumPy 2.0. That means that we want to have a SymPy
release before NumPy 2.0 that includes the changes needed in
preparation. Ideally I also want that SymPy release to be made after
NumPy has finished making breaking changes though.

Basically I want to know what the interval of time is between NumPy
finishing its incompatible changes and NumPy 2.0 actually being
released (to the extent that that is knowable).

Oscar