On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 23:31, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How bad are the NumPy 2.0 breakages in SymPy? We could do a backport
> release if they are serious.

I don't remember exactly what needed changing but some basic things in
sympy needed changing because of basic changes in numpy.

I don't see what purpose a backport release would serve. I would like
to get out a sympy release right now. I would also like to know when
is the right time to put out a release that is tested with all new
numpy changes and that should be expected to be compatible with numpy
2.0.

I am asking for a timeline: is numpy 2.0 coming out in 1 week, 1
month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months?

I understand if it is difficult to be precise but right now I have no
idea what timeline anyone is talking about and I am pretty sure that
numpy folks have a much clearer idea: please share it with me!

--
Oscar