Hi,

> How does that differ from what we do now? Review? I develop in my own
> branches as is.

Right - so - then do you always ask for a review from someone before
merging into trunk?  If so, then git is just a much more fluid,
reliable and faster tool to do what you are doing now.

> True, but what happens when there is no review? I might point out that there
> are currently tickets with patches for review going back two years and
> reviewing a patch isn't *that* much harder than visiting github. Using git
> makes merging changes much easier, but it doesn't solve the review problem.

Well - that's true and not true.  The joy of git branches and the ease
of merging is that you quickly get into the habit of making feature
branches for each piece of work.  This makes it extremely easy for
someone else to review the changes that you have made.     So, it
greatly lowers the work needed for someone to review your code, and
therefore makes it more likely.

Having said that - it will of course happen that you ask for review
and no-one responds.  That's not a very big problem, because git
merges are so easy that you can - as Anne said earlier - just keep on
developing without worrying that your changes will go out of date.
But if there's a long wait - or it's urgent - then what I do is just
email with 'If I don't hear anything I'll merge these changes in a few
days'.

See you,

Matthew