Hi,

>> Having said that - it will of course happen that you ask for review
>> and no-one responds.  That's not a very big problem, because git
>> merges are so easy that you can - as Anne said earlier - just keep on
>> developing without worrying that your changes will go out of date.
>> But if there's a long wait - or it's urgent - then what I do is just
>> email with 'If I don't hear anything I'll merge these changes in a few
>> days'.
>>

> Exactly. I had a private bet with myself that that would be the case. See,
> it isn't so much different after all. The tools change, but the problems and
> solutions remain much the same. Given that there are only three people doing
> reviews, and really only two really looking at the c code, I expect that a
> lot of stuff will be merged without much in the way of review.

Well - I do honestly think that a decentralized git workflow is the
best tool to improve that.

> Now if git leads to more developers that might change. Here's hoping.

I hope so too.  I accidentally ran across this a few days ago:

http://www.erlang.org/ - "This [Erlang/OTP R13B04] is the first
release after the introduction of the official Git repository at
Github and it is amazing to notice that the number of contributions
from the community has increased significantly. As many as 32
contributors have provided 1 or more patches each until now, resulting
in 51 integrated patches from the open source community in this
service release."

Here's hoping...

See you,

Matthew