Den 07.03.2012 21:02, skrev "V. Armando Solé":

I had already used the information Robert Kern provided on the 2009 thread and obtained the PyCObject as:

from scipy.linalg.blas import fblas
dgemm = fblas.dgemm._cpointer
sgemm = fblas.sgemm._cpointer

but I did not find a way to obtain those pointers from numpy. That was the goal of my post. My extension needs SciPy installed just to fetch the pointer. It would be very nice to have a way to get similar information from numpy.

The problem here is that NumPy's lapack_lite is compiled to C with f2c, and there is a handwritten C extension module (lapack_litemodule.c) to use it. Unlike SciPy, it does not use f2py to call Fortran LAPACK directly.

I am not sure why NumPy uses f2c'd routines instead of a dependency on BLAS and LAPACK like SciPy.

And by Murphy's law, function pointers to the f2c'd LAPACK routines are not exported from lapack_lite.pyd. So it does not even help to load it with ctypes as an ordinary DLL.

Sturla