Something just occurred to me. My kernel does not include USB->Serial code. Long ago, I had to figure out how to build a module for the ch341 USB->Serial adapter I use for running my Heyu home automation system.

I never built one for Cypress and that seems to be what the Belkin is using. I know this because I see a line for it using "lsusb" that disappears if I unplug the UPS.

Using "dmesg|less" and searching for "Cypress" I find a line that says it is on "usb-usb20_host-1.3/input0" and refers to it as a "USB HID v1.00 Device". But the same line does list this as "Cypress Semiconductor USB to Serial".

For the ch341-based USB->Serial I am using for Heyu, I see information about it being attached to ttyUSB0. I see nothing like this for the Cypress.

So I guess I am wondering if this is related to my problem. I have no idea how the blazer_usb driver works.

Thanks again.