On Sat, 1 Jun 2024, chrib...@duck.com wrote:

Yes. I received both the email and the update from the console.
>From your email, I understand that the expected behaviour should have been
that the os should have started the shutdown process.

NUT requires that 3 os services be running. If you run the systemctl command and see something like:

  nut-driver.service     loaded    active   running   Network UPS Tools - power
device driver controller
  nut-monitor.service    loaded    inactive dead      Network UPS Tools - power
device monitor and shutdown controller
  nut-server.service     loaded    active   running   Network UPS Tools - power
devices information server

then monitoring by upsmon of UPS battery levels has stopped, and there will be no NUT managed shutdown.

Is there a log I could look at (Nut or Debian) to understand what is happening?

  journalctl -u nut-monitor

will tell you what is happening to the monitoring service. You can also look at the nut-driver and nut-server services.

Roger