Thinking of it, one purpose of upssched is to delay reaction to short-lived
flukes (e.g. if we go on battery for 20 seconds and set a delay for 30, if
we're back on line within that time frame, it is ok to go on living).

I wonder if your UPS went under 70% and you aborted the experiment too
early (compared to the delay you had set, possibly with a margin for the
frequency of UPS polling rate and regular `upsmon` interactions with `upsd`
- typically 5 to 30 sec each)?..

Jim