On Sun, 2 Jun 2024, chrib...@duck.com wrote:

  # if the charge is less than 75 percent trigger a LB status
  override.battery.charge.low = 75
  # if the remaining charge is less than 1200s (20 minutes) trigger a low
battery status
  override.battery.runtime.low = 1200
  # wait 5 minutes for ups to power off
  override.ups.delay.shutdown = 300
  # Could offdelay act as an ovverride for override.ups.delay.shutdown?
  offdelay = 300

Is the comment about offdelay (in red) correct / can this line be eliminated?.

My understanding is "yes", but others may have deeper knowledge.

In general you don't need any "override" variables. See the comment about override.<variable> at https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/ups.conf.html

Can the UPS automatically come online one the ondelay passes -- I presume this can vary with the UPS brand and NUT driver.

The UPS will be online and recharging once wall power returns, but will not feed power to the server until ondelay passes.

---------------------------------------------- My goal is to tell a story of how Proxmox with Windows Guests can be configured with NUT so that if there is a power failure. I hope to design this such that others can add alternative methods and update HowTo modules for each step.

I feel I am at the tail end of a long long learning curve and would like to document the story of how one should go abo

Not only will this be useful as your own documentation, but also useful for many others.

Roger